Re: Python 3 support

From: Julien Rioux
Subject: Re: Python 3 support
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 17:01:14 -0400

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 4:43 PM, Jeremiah Benham <address@hidden> wrote:

I have forked gub and have been working on it for a while now.

https://github.com/jjbenham/gub

It is very different now from https://github.com/gperciva/gub and the main master. I don't know how to contribute changes unless via per file basis. Then each patch would need to be tested. I have added support for gtk3 on mingw, darwin-x86 and linux-x86. I also upgraded many things like tar (this adds .xz support). This was all to support the denemo project. It would be nice to work with others on it.

Jeremiah

Hi Jeremiah,

Thanks for reaching out. A while ago I noticed your fork and though that at some point it would be good to investigate what should be contributed back. Unfortunately it takes a lot of time to test changes in GUB, and I was already puzzled enough by the various different branches between Jan's and Graham's repos. I'm glad to hear that you would like to contribute your changes back, that will be a welcome collaboration.

Cheers,
Julien