Re: Add an alternative Drum Style - agostini-drums-style (issue 15086004

From: fgohier49
Subject: Re: Add an alternative Drum Style - agostini-drums-style (issue 150860044 by address@hidden)
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 17:53:33 +0000

On 2014/09/24 14:08:39, dak wrote:
On 2014/09/24 13:56:36, fgohier49 wrote:
> On 2014/09/24 12:11:12, dak wrote:

> > Any chance we can get this information from the original patch
author, or
does
> > someone else need to do the respective research?
>

> Hello,
>
> I am not aware about the life of Dante Agostini, I was thinking with
this
> comment your were more than me.
> Can we extract some informations from any website to use here ? I am
not
> confident with this.

The life of Agostini is not really important.  What would be important
would be
for LilyPond users to know when and why to use this notation.  There
has to be
some reason you want to see it added to LilyPond: this notation has to
be used
_somewhere_.  So the question is _where_ this notation is being used.

Hello,

this notation is used by almost all french drummers. His school is know
developped in all french big towns, in more, Dusseldorf (Germany), Bâle
(Schweiz), Athens (Greece), Pordenonde & Udine (Italy), Rabat (Maroc),
without take in count all other teachers which are not linked directly
to the school.
His method is written in french, english, spanish & german.
It seems the most used notation in europe

https://codereview.appspot.com/150860044/