fundamental problem with gub's regtest tarball

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: fundamental problem with gub's regtest tarball
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 00:13:06 +0100 (CET)

Folks,

we have an unfortunate dependency on the private directory layout of
the guy who has created

  lilypond-2.19.82-1.test-output.tar.bz2

(this file is needed for completing a gub build of lilypond).

For example, on my openSuSE box ghostscript aborts with

  Error: /undefinedfilename in --file--
  Operand stack:
     (/home/gub/NewGub/gub/target/linux-x86/.../otf/emmentaler-20.otf)  (r)
      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  [...]
  Last OS error: No such file or directory

Additionally, the fontconfig setup must be adjusted to not use any
fonts outside of gub.  For example, the header in file
`accidental-ancient-1.eps' generated by my gub installation contains
the following.

  %%BeginFont: Emmentaler-20
  (/home/wl/.fonts/emmentaler-20.otf) (r) file .loadfont
  %%EndFont

  %%BeginFont: Emmentaler-20

(/home/wl/git/gub/target/linux-64/root/usr/share/lilypond/current/fonts/otf/emmentaler-20.otf)
 (r) file .loadfont
  %%EndFont

It's really weird that I get two different entries for
`Emmentaler-20'!  Both paths to this font are wrong: The first path is
obviously outside of gub.  And since gub configures lilypond with

  --with-texgyre-dir=%(tools_prefix)s/share/fonts/opentype/texgyre'
  --with-urwotf-dir=%(tools_prefix)s/share/fonts/opentype/urw-core35'

the second one is wrong, too (it should be rather
`.../target/tools/root/...').

IMHO, the following two fixes must be implemented.

* Adjust fontconfig to not use any fonts outside of the `tools'
  subdirectory of gub.

* Absolute font paths in the tarball files must be converted to
  relative paths.  Fortunately, all those files are plain text, thus a
  simple sed script can do the job.

Before I start with these problems I wonder whether anyone has already
worked on this.

    Werner