Re: packaging lilypond as a docker container?

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: packaging lilypond as a docker container?
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2020 07:56:48 +0100

David Kastrup writes:

> I did not remember you posting this at the time, and my reply at that
> time
> <https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2016-03/msg00205.html>
> appears enfuriatingly unrelated.  Basically I don't comment at all but
> rather complain about GUB.

Ah.

> As previously said: I don't worry much about installers for the free
> UNIX-like systems since people prefer going by distribution installers
> on those in general.  What we have to cover definitely is Windows, and
> preferably MacOSX (but the latter one appears to have sailed, at least
> in connection with GUB, unless we find some OpenDarwin-like approach for
> 64bit).

Ok.  You probably know much better what best helps most users.

> I have no experience with Docker containers, but the posting from 2016
> you referenced appears to rather point to a native binary?

Oops...I tried to reference the mingw lilypond prototype but the URL
I sent pointed to this post

    https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2016-03/msg01116.html

which showed

    $ ./pre-inst-env guix environment --ad-hoc wine -- wine
/gnu/store/2j8qaqbc9q1w3z6k054nmp7j432yxfq7-hello-2.10/bin/hello.exe
    Hello, world!

the first mingw32 success.  Oh well.

janneke

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com