Re: Issue 4550: Avoid "using namespace std; " in included files (Take 2)

From: pkx166h
Subject: Re: Issue 4550: Avoid "using namespace std; " in included files (Take 2) (issue 579240043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2020 16:02:24 +0000

On 24/01/2020 15:43, address@hidden wrote:
On 2020/01/24 15:32:43, hanwenn wrote:
On Fri, Jan 24, 2020 at 4:26 PM <mailto:address@hidden> wrote:
BTW, Why do we insist in associating each review with a http://sf.net
issue,
even if there is no related bug?
I think there's no initial message for a new patch here, so there needs
to be a place where new patches go and others can see them.

https://codereview.appspot.com/579240043/

Correct (mostly), when the scripts for patch testing worked (they can still be found in lilypond-extra) they would scan Allura and before that ... google's issue tracker (I forget its name) for anything with Patch = new. Then it would scrape the issue for the Rietveld link and apply the diff. All automatically.

git-cl would create the issue, set the labels and paste the rietveld.

Hence the need for an 'issue'.

Today we (or I) simply look for any issue with new/started labels and scan for the URL myself.

That's why we have a tracker. This is something that was in place when I started, all I provided back then was a powerful machine that could test the patches using the patchy-test script (it'd run on a cron job and save the diffs in a local dir that I could check visually).

I'd then edit the issue saying it passed all tests (or failed and how).

What we have today is because these scripts never got updated for Allura (when we moved from google code's tracker).

James