Re: Refactor get/set_property to take the item as first argument (issue

From: jonas . hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Refactor get/set_property to take the item as first argument (issue 573670043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 00:20:55 -0700

So I've largely kept out of the discussion for now, mostly because I'm
not overly familiar with the code. However I fully agree with Dan that a
macro pretending to be a member function is neither obvious nor C++
style. As such I'm in favor of doing the conversion as it better meets
the expectations of average developers (at least mine).

I also agree with David that this patch doesn't prescribe any future
direction, which seems to be Han-Wen's fear. Any possible follow-up is
subject to the same review process. If there are no technical
objections, I think we should move forward and let something as big sit
around for too long.

https://codereview.appspot.com/573670043/