Re: xdvipdfmx fails with some regtests (“Invalid object”)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: xdvipdfmx fails with some regtests (“Invalid object”)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2020 15:51:09 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanwenn@gmail.com> writes:

> On Fri, Jun 19, 2020 at 3:13 PM David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:
>>
>> Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanwenn@gmail.com> writes:

>> > Your hunch is correct. No need to write a wrapper, the following in a
>> > .ly file works if you replace SCM_UNDEFINED with SCM_UNSPECIFIED in
>> > ly:gs-api
>>
>> return SCM_UNDEFINED; is _NOT_ good behavior for Scheme functions.  I
>> have no idea why it is done here.
>
> Just an oversight I think. I missed it during review, as did you.

That would imply that I reviewed this patch.  At any rate, I just did a
fast (and likely not overly complete) grep through the code base
elsewhere, and there are several instances of code comparatively
recently written by me returning SCM_UNDEFINED from callbacks.  So it
would appear like my reading reflexes are not even sufficient for
self-review.