[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Lilypond crashes while compiling this (correct) file...

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: Lilypond crashes while compiling this (correct) file...
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 16:31:33 +0200
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:0.9.9) Gecko/20020313

Nicolas Sceaux wrote:

I manage to compile your file. (however, I can't get the whole score
in a a3 page: it is not centered).

you have to specify the offset manually:

dvips -t A3 -O4.5cm,6.2cm -o ClaOpII.dvi

(The first distance is the horisontal shift, the 2nd is the vertical shift)

After looking for a tip in google groups, I have set:
  main_memory.hugetex = 128000000 % lily test
which was useless... and then:
  main_memory = 128000000 % lily test
in /etc/texmf/texmf.cnf
and then run fmtutil --all

THANKS! That did the trick! No I also can process the file here.
I also tried to set the main_memory variable - but directly in ly2dvi and that didn't work. Following your description worked!

Now I have started processing the full 385 measures file on my 1.8GHz P4.
The processing has lasted for 15 minutes now and lilypond is still at the first step (that is: it hasn't even started to print bar numbers yet).

Well, I'll return if I run into more problems!

Thank a lot to everybody that helped this out.
I will try and contact the composer to hear if he can accept that the file is published under the GNU-licence.

If I sometimes in the future sit with an awful lot of time and nothing to do then I will perhaps try and reimplement the algorithm in scheme so that the entire score can be represented in a single small .ly-file :-)


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]