Re: letter size

From: Rune Zedeler
Subject: Re: letter size
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2002 16:43:21 +0200

David Raleigh Arnold wrote:

I have tried that rather thoroughly, and what I *usually* get is a
choice between the copyright and/or taglines and the page numbers. I
haven't tried other footers. So the output is satisfactory only
sometimes, unless you are printing a taller size than A4.

Try and process this file (test.ly) with ly2dvi

\score {
  \context Staff \notes \repeat unfold 180 { c' d' e' f' }
  \paper {
      linewidth = 18.0\cm
      textheight = 23.0\cm

and then run

dvips -t letter -O 0,-0.5cm -o test.ps test.dvi

I am pretty sure that you well get both page numbers and tagline.
If you would please explain which part of my explanation that you did not understand...?

-Rune