Re: context and lilypond

From: Stefan Thomas
Subject: Re: context and lilypond
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 14:40:21 +0100

Dear Wim,
what do You mean by "use the md5"?
Is it a directory, a command?
I have no idea!
Sorry, I'm not an tex-expert, altough I work frequently with latex.
Could you use the md5? In one of the temporary files it is already
stored, so it is calculated (file xxx.tmp.md5 contains the md5 hash of
xxx.tmp which is a lilypond source-file, stored in the temporary
directory)

If the files are not numbered (sequentially) but named according to
the md5 hash there should be no need to re-render any already done
piece of code after any move. Disadvantage would be that with many
changes (of a piece of Lilypond code) lots of different files will
float around (because a change of the md5 will loose view on the
original one). But that can be solved by some regular cleaning.

> Greetlings, Hraban

Regards,
Wim.