Re: Automatic ottava handling

From: David Nalesnik
Subject: Re: Automatic ottava handling
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 12:41:41 -0500

On Tue, Oct 14, 2014 at 1:57 AM, Janek Warchoł

What i find most fascinating about your work is that you say this
after already making the function quite intelligent :)

I appreciate that, but I'd like to have some sort of analysis of context, so you wouldn't end up shutting it off for inconvenient results.

For example, compare the results of this:

{
  \ottavate #'(4 . 7) #'(-3 . -6) ##t {
    \relative c'''' {
      c16 c, c' c c c, c' c

with the much more readable:

{
  \relative c'''' {
      \ottava #1 c16 c, c' c c c, c' c

But maybe this is an enhancement which could come later?

BTW, I've verified that you can do overrides of individual brackets.  You just don't have the benefit of \ottava #1 and the like in the ly file to tell you where to put them.

--David