Re: Automatic ottava handling

From: Gilberto Agostinho
Subject: Re: Automatic ottava handling
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 13:43:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi David,

David Nalesnik-2 wrote
> To make the parameter for the alist-variable optional, you need only make
> simple change to the list of predicates in the definition of ottavate

This is great! I now works perfectly only with two pair of numbers, i.e.,
without #'()

David Nalesnik-2 wrote
> I can add any number of symbols to the alist, and one representing length
> of rests.  But this (and any smart analysis of pitch groupings) requires
> collecting them, which is the big stumbling block for me at the moment.
> Well, I should say it is probably going to require a big rewrite.  I'll
> keep you posted.

I totally understand it. It is very easy to say "value of rests between two
pitches", but calculating it would be a completely different story. If one
day you tackle this problem, please give us all an update on this thread (or
on a new one). But I can't emphasize this enough: your function is extremely
useful as it is right now!

Take care and thanks again for all of your efforts,
Gilberto