Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: OT: Beauty of programming languages
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2015 15:35:08 +0100

PMA wrote Thursday, September 10, 2015 7:21 PM

> PMA wrote:
>> Martin Tarenskeen wrote:
>>> This thread makes me wonder: what's the average age of LilyPond users
>>> and developers?
>
> Better answer -- My age is 75.

At 74 I thought I might be the oldest user/developer, but it seems I'm not.

I use LilyPond with Frescobaldi mainly for generating tailored vocal scores for
my village choir, sometimes transcribed, sometimes (re-) arranged; very
occasionally originated.
Although a relatively seasoned user (since 2008), doc writer and occasional
developer, I find the built-in templates so quick and easy for the vocal scores
I set that I use them all the time.

Trevor