Re: Interactive PDF Link to Notes in Preview

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: Interactive PDF Link to Notes in Preview
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2018 00:32:27 +0200

Il giorno sab 7 lug 2018 alle 21:32, David Kastrup <address@hidden> ha scritto:
Peter Engelbert <address@hidden> writes:

If you're looking to have this feature work, and are running linux, I
 was only able to do it by building an older version of xpdf (for the
 pdf viewer) and using GVim (not regular Vim) for the point and click
feature. It still works but it seems the feature hasn't been updated
 since most people use Frescobaldi.  I much prefer Vim

Huh?  Should work with anything you put in the EDITOR variable really.
Use it with emacsclient myself and a current version of Xpdf on Ubuntu. I think it would also work with Evince et al (following instructions in
UG) but haven't tried recently.  Let me try:

Ok, refuses due to "permissions" in Evince, works in Atril.  Checking
the Evince setup according to UG... It's set up like described. But it would appear like since I am not running GNOME actually (but xfce4) that
Evince is missing its infrastructure.  Like gnome-open or gvfs-open.

Evince works out of the box (without the need of any further configuration) in recent GNOME.