Re: Use of \vspace and \hspace

From: Mr Tim
Subject: Re: Use of \vspace and \hspace
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 10:24:27 -0500

Yes, but I don't understand where I can use \markup blocks.  I go to the docs at http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/formatting-text and it tells me about what can go inside, but does not tell me in what context \markup can be used.

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 10:22 AM David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Mr Tim <address@hidden> writes:

> I am really confused on where I can and cannot use the \vspace and
> \hspace.

They are markup commands.  They can only appear inside of markup and
markup lists.

--
David Kastrup