Re: Use arbitrary notes (with stem/flag) as MMR stencil override

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Use arbitrary notes (with stem/flag) as MMR stencil override
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 11:31:13 -0500

Hi David,

> I have no idea what you mean by "an interface could be added".  Grob
> interfaces are a fixed component of the grob data structure: you cannot
> add or remove them at will.  A certain grob type either has an interface
> or not.  It's not a per-grob decision to make.

Looking at the list
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/internals/graphical-object-interfaces>,
 I don’t see a "measure-centred-interface" or something obviously equivalent.
So what I meant was: can/should such an interface be created [i.e., "added to
that list"], and then the appropriate grob types be made to have that interface
as part of their makeup?

Of course, it’s quite possible that everything that’s required to do what we’re
talking about (i.e., measure-centering MMRs, NoteColumns, text spanners,
percent repeats, over-staff scripts, etc.) is already present in another
interface (or combination of interfaces), so creating a whole new interface is
unnecessary. That’s what I’m trying to get information about.

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info