Re: Custom music notation?

From: Pashkuli Keyboard
Subject: Re: Custom music notation?
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2021 15:23:40 +0000

I am not competent enough into the coding field, scripting languages,
From Hans' comment, it seems Lilypond is also heavily attached to the "standard" notation.

No wonder why my PMN system does not fit into the Criteria for the 'music-notation-project' website, some of which contradicts to each other:
***  Contradicting criteria  ***
Criteria 2
The notation can be written conveniently and quickly with nothing more than a writing tool (such as a pencil) without the absolute necessity of a ruler or other drawing aids or specially prepared paper.

Criteria 10
No more than five identical, successive, and equidistant staff lines are shown, so that staff lines can be quickly identified without counting lines.
***
proof:
If there are going to be lines drawn (as staff), this usually requires at least a ruler (to draw the straight lines of the staff), preferably a rastrum (special pen, see illustration) or more likely (always nowadays) a specially prepared paper with the engraved staff lines on the blank sheet (or screen).

rastrum.jpg

huge vertical space.jpg

melody vertical compariosn.jpg