Re: Problems adding voice with rests

From: Christian Masser
Subject: Re: Problems adding voice with rests
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2021 19:00:15 +0100

If you excuse the second double post in one thread - I really should think before writing - this solution seems even better. It's a little fizzle work to get the \voice commands right, but it works and is far easier to read than my previous solution. Plus, it allows good continuation of the two voices. Be aware that the voices change position - so "up" becomes the second voice and vice versa.

up = \relative c {
b4.( ~ b8 c e b4. ~ b4 b,8 |
\voiceTwo
<e) e,>2. ~ <e e,>4. c4\rest b8 |