Re: spurious partial in 2nd repeat abc->ly

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: spurious partial in 2nd repeat abc->ly
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 11:31:05 -0600

On Sat 20 Feb 2021 at 12:46:25 (-0800), Mark Stephen Mrotek wrote:

> I have made some minor changes to conform with performance.

You've set the 40-bar version, originally posted because
the OP hadn't worked out how to repeat the last eight bars
(itself containing the 4-bar repeat).

But, that said, a 40-bar version would not repeat the "c"
(bar 32's last note) again at bar 36/37: it's place has
been taken by the "f♯" (bar 36's last note). This is made
obvious by unfolding the score, or listening to the MIDI.

Lengthening the last note of the piece merely causes trouble
when you start to add the repeat to make it 48 bars long.

So, for 40 bars, only apply the correction in my first post.

OTOH, for 48 bars, that "c" *will* be repeated, though only
after *eight* bars, as seen in newmend.ly in my other post.
("New" because I also started correcting a 40-bar version.)

> The code has a great deal of “stuff” that is not necessary (from the source?).

Some of this may be because, wisely, the OP included
barchecks, but then couldn't get them to work.
I reinserted them, but without deleting anything
originally present in the OP (so a tidy-up would
be called for).

Cheers,
David.