Re: Help!

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Help!
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2021 15:28:40 -0500

On 7/29/2021 2:57 PM, David Niles wrote:
However I must be the class dummy

People aware of their own ignorance are not in the running for that title.

No one was born knowing LilyPond. Everyone has to start somewhere. LilyPond has assumptions and design choices that are easier for some people to learn than others, based on natural inclinations and background experience. For example, a Windows native like me has lots to learn about GNU/Linux ways of doing things.

because I still can't figure out where I can start my inputting.
I guess I  am looking for something that says, in effect, "start here."

What operating system is your computer running? Linux, Mac, Windows?

Does it have the LilyPond software installed and working?

If uncertain, there are web-based run-in-a-browser LilyPonds available that need no setup at all:

<https://www.hacklily.org/>

All you have to do is go to that website, and it will load some minimal example code you can begin editing.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA