lmi

Re[2]: [lmi] Converting...to svn? [Was: Savannah status]

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re[2]: [lmi] Converting...to svn? [Was: Savannah status]
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 13:23:37 +0200

On Tue, 02 Jun 2009 17:06:59 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> On 2009-06-01 21:53Z, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
GC> >  So just please let me know when/if you want me to create the repository
GC> > and put its dump online here.
GC>
GC> Yes, would you please do that?

 Done now (it only took 2 hours finally):

        http://www.tt-solutions.com/clients/massmutual/svn.dump.lzma

You can import this dump into your own svn repository by doing

        $ svnadmin create /path/to/new/repository
        $ lzcat svn.dump.lzma | svnadmin load /path/to/new/repository

(and then "cd /my/working/copy; svn co /path/to/new/repository" as usual).
And, of course, you can also ask Savannah administrators to do the same.

 I didn't check that all of 3284 revisions were converted correctly but it
looks reasonable. One problem though is that I'm listed as the author of
all changes and the date for all of them is today, with the original author
and date only entered as part of commit comment, e.g.:

% svn log --limit 1
r3284 | zeitlin | 2009-06-03 12:57:35 +0200 (Wed, 03 Jun 2009) | 6 lines

[project @ address@hidden
[lmi @ 2009-05-26 13:31:26 by chicares]
Use dates instead of durations for inforce

Original author: chicares
Date: 2009-05-26 13:31:26+00:00

Rereading tailor man page now I think I should have used its --use-propset
option (although I still don't know what does "This requires some tweaks on
the SVN repository to enable revision propchanges." warning mean, Vaclav do
you know anything about this by chance?), let me know if you'd like me to
retry with it, i.e. if the above is unacceptable. Alternatively I could
convert cvs repository to svn directly, especially if all revisions were
indeed restored.

 Also, properties (http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.5/svn.advanced.props.html)
are not set correctly for some files, e.g. some of .cpp files ended up with
svn:executable set (and so are checked out with executable permission under
Unix) and will need to be set manually. And if you want to continue to
replace "$Id$" in the files with their last revision (but this makes much
less sense for svn than for cvs) we need to set svn:keywords property. OTOH
I believe we don't need to set svn:eol-style to native as you prefer to
always use Unix EOLs for all platforms.

 If you notice anything else wrong with this dump, please let me know.
Thanks,
VZ