lout-users

Re: A couple of font queries

From: Valeriy E. Ushakov
Subject: Re: A couple of font queries
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 16:41:04 +0300

On Thu, Nov 01, 2001 at 11:08:28 +0000, Barrie Stott wrote:

>       Should I ignore these differences or should I replace each
>       lout AFM with the corresponding ghostscript one?

Ghostscript ships with URW clones of Adobe fonts.  Lout ships with
original Adobe metrics.  I don't know how much URW clones deviate, but
since they are supposed to be clones, I don't think they deviates in
any significant way.  So I think replacing AFMs doesn't worth the
trouble.

> My second question is about all the lout AFM files which don't correspond to
> any of those which come with ghostscript.
>

>       Are these for commercial fonts and, if not, where can I get
>       hold of them?

Buy from Adobe.

SY, Uwe