Re: [Ltib] Adding changes to the patches (docu)

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] Adding changes to the patches (docu)
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 11:56:43 +0000

Hi Sivakumar

You should not edit/change any files in /opt/freescale/pkgs (e.g. the
LPP) These are meant to be immutable.

Instead you are supposed to add a new patch (with a new name) and
reference the new patch in the spec file.  The reasons are:

* LTIB is supposed to be able to build any version of any BSP from any
date (using cvs up -D).  This is crucial for support

* Editing/versioning patch files does not really make sense as they are
the by-product of edits to actual files which are then 'diffed'.

If you generate your new patch and it does not build, please post the
details on the list (some output from the screen and the patch).  You
also need to say which version of ltib you're using (e.g. cvs/tgz) and
which platform/config you are using.

Regards, Stuart