Re: [Ltib] LTIB on Gentoo

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] LTIB on Gentoo
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 17:45:45 +0000

Hi Ken,

It took a bit of digging, mostly because installing gentoo was a bit of
a challenge (no one seems to know the later VMware installs need the
"BusLogic SCSI Driver" in the Gentoo kernel config).

Anyway, it's either an rpm problem, or a problem in the way Gentoo
builds rpmbuild (I suspect the latter).  Either way, what is wrong is
that Gentoo does not install (or build) the
file /usr/lib/rpm/magic.mgc .  So when rpmbuild runs the %Files section,
it silently dies with a SEGV (which is what ltib is catching).

The work around that I found that seems to work is:

# file -C -m  /usr/share/misc/file/magic
# cp magic.mgc /usr/lib/rpm

Once you've done that, as you rnormal user:

$ rm -rf /tmp/rpm*
$ ./ltib

And it should build and install ltib for you.

If anyone is Gentoo savvy, maybe you could report this issue to the
Gentoo mailing list.

Regards, Stuart