Re: [Ltib] building multiple platforms, rpm cache

From: Stuart Hughes
Subject: Re: [Ltib] building multiple platforms, rpm cache
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 17:20:43 +0000

Hi Mike,

I'm not sure I can answer fully, but I can give a bit of background.

The --noclobber was a fairly recent thing contributed by Peter Barada to
allow the rpm/BUILD staging area to be deliberately wiped out even if it
had unpacked source (if I recall correctly).

As far as autobuild_ltib goes, this is what I used for the nightly
autobuilder, and indeed each platform in it's own directory.  The idea
is that Monday-Friday I just do and update/build, and once a week I do a
build from scratch (which takes a lot longer).

As far as the rpm caching goes, the original intention was to allow you
to change toolchains and re-build and then switch back (for example
glibc vs uClibc).  As designed, it did not consider the platform changing.

What may be happening in your case is that the default configuration
you're using in the preconfig does match the .config that was used when
you actually built the RPMs.  Remember that when you push a defconfig
into mconf/conf it can get changed as the config points are
re-evaluated.  So it's worth checking why the switch thinks the
pre-builds are no good. Take a look at rpm/BUILD/_cache_rpm_dir/.config
it shows you what config points must match in order to use these rpms
for the current BSP config.

Regards, Stuart