Re: [Ltib] building multiple platforms, rpm cache

From: Peter Barada
Subject: Re: [Ltib] building multiple platforms, rpm cache
Date: Fri, 01 Mar 2013 13:37:20 -0500

On 03/01/2013 12:20 PM, Stuart Hughes wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> I'm not sure I can answer fully, but I can give a bit of background.
>
> The --noclobber was a fairly recent thing contributed by Peter Barada to
> allow the rpm/BUILD staging area to be deliberately wiped out even if it
> had unpacked source (if I recall correctly).
"--clobber" was added to clobber the RPM source tree if the pacakge's
.spec file changed while source in rpm/BUILD was still populated.  This
is due to some package (like the kernel) that have LEAVESRC set due to
another package (such as hello_mod) needing the kernel source to build.
As a result (especially in my buildbot-based CI system) it wouldn't pick
up any kernel patches that I added to the tree...