lwip-members

[lwip-members] decision on branch - need advice

From: leon . woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-members] decision on branch - need advice
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 00:25:04 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

I think we have covered the major number of pending issues in the lwIP
stack, and I am in favor of working with two CVS branches from now on.

As already discussed earlier, we have agreed on tags like these
STABLE-0_6_0
DEVELOP

Although I have read through the CVS documentation on branching, I would
like to know what is common practise?

1) Branch off DEVELOP and keep the base line the STABLE tree, or
2) Branch off STABLE and keep the base line the DEVELOP tree.
3) Branch off, and tag both the baseline and the branch?
4) ...

Any insights on this are welcomed, as well a consensus on the decision to
branch.

Regards,

Leon Woestenberg.