lwip-members

[lwip-members] Branching on friday

From: Leon Woestenberg
Subject: [lwip-members] Branching on friday
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 00:50:35 +0100

Hello,

> > > 2) Branch off STABLE and keep the base line the DEVELOP tree.

> > gets the bleeding edge, while the people who want the stable version,
which
> > has releases anyway, have to type a little bit more.
> >
> > I vote for #2
>
> Me too!

OK, the argument on having releases on the stables got me convinced to go
for
#2 also. Thanks :-)

Also, #2 seems the best approach from the CVS manual. Now for the
somewhat harder part:

One issue is that we have to remember to tag the DEVELOP main trunk (root)
each
time we merge to the STABLE branch.

This allows easier, incremental merges of development work into STABLE.
Otherwise
CVS will try to merge the complete development branch into the stable
branch, including
the changes already merged.

Friday I will branch off STABLE-0_6_0 and also make a release of it in form
of an
.tar.gz archive as well as a .zip archive conforming to Savannah's release
constraints.

Regards, Leon.