lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LCP Termination Request steps

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LCP Termination Request steps
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2012 19:12:41 +0200

Hi Nick,

On Mon, Jun 04, 2012 at 07:43:13PM +0300, N.Karakotas wrote:
> After all it was in the file ipcp.c . You have a comment: do we
> really need this and returns 0.
> mask = get_mask(go->ouraddr);
>
> It default the netmask to zero so all the data was routed to pp0
> instead of em0.

Yep, I found that too when I pushed the new PPP stack on my test device
behind a DSL link which require the help of the netmask and the default
route (or netif in the lwIP terminology), this is fixed :-)

Netmask on PPP link is only used for those wanting multiple addresses
behind a PPP link, with a DHCP server to server multiple clients for
example. lwIP will probably never support that so I set the netmask to
255.255.255.255, which is the default for a PPP link.

> Also I added a thread remove to ppp_input_thread:
>
> static void ppp_input_thread(void *arg) > {
>  [...]
>
>  sys_thread_t t = sys_arch_thread_current();
>  sys_arch_thread_remove(t);
> }

Yup, I like the idea, we are just waiting for lwIP gurus to accept this
new sys_ entry :-)

> Sorry for bombarding you with mails. Im appreciate what you have
> done to port the new PPP and im trying to contribute as much as
> possible.

Nah, don't think that, I love mails :-)

Sylvain