lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LCP Termination Request steps

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LCP Termination Request steps
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 20:12:34 +0200

Hi Ivan,

On Tue, Jun 05, 2012 at 10:05:52AM -0600, Ivan Delamer wrote:

> Sylvain: can you post this as a task in Savannah, then we can discuss this
> addition there.

Yep, will do.

> Some small RTOSes are configured without support for deleting threads so
> we need to see how to handle this. Maybe just an empty #define in those
> cases... or the PPP code needs to recycle the thread...

Actually PPP_INPROC_OWNTHREAD start a dedicated RX thread per PPP
session, which is probably used when using blocking serial input.

But is there any case of MUC without IRQ on USARTs ?, I don't know, the
feature exists in the current PPP implementation so someone need (or
use to) it for sure.

So, in the PPP_INPROC_OWNTHREAD case, we ~need~ a way to delete threads.

Sylvain