lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] LCP Termination Request steps

From: Ivan Delamer
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] LCP Termination Request steps
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 13:17:16 -0600 (MDT)

> Actually PPP_INPROC_OWNTHREAD start a dedicated RX thread per PPP
> session, which is probably used when using blocking serial input.
>
> But is there any case of MUC without IRQ on USARTs ?, I don't know, the
> feature exists in the current PPP implementation so someone need (or
> use to) it for sure.
>
> So, in the PPP_INPROC_OWNTHREAD case, we ~need~ a way to delete threads.

Agreed that in that case it is necessary to delete threads.

I'm not sure that PPP_INPROC_OWNTHREAD is related to blocking serial
input. I don't use this feature, I have my own thread that pushes input to
PPP, but I only did it that way because my thread also monitors connection
and modem status. If that were done elsewhere, I would use
PPP_INPROC_OWNTHREAD to pull data from my serial RX buffer and save me the
trouble. Then I'd just have an ISR that manages the buffers, and a SIO
implementation for those buffers...

Cheers
Ivan