lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx suggestion

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx suggestion
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 1999 12:21:42 +0300 (MSK)

12-Feb-99 07:55 The Vrana Family wrote:
> Leonid, thanks for the info.  I have 2.8.1rel1 on my PC, the latest
> available, and I think it does not work that way.  So I guess I'll have to
> wait for the next version to be released.  But I'm encouraged now, unless
> someone else says that it's been that way for a long time.  Any idea when
> 2.8.2 will be released?

Grep'ing CHANGES* files for "referer" gives

1997-11-17
* Mods in HTTP.c to trim any "LYNXIMGMAP:" leader from Referer header
  values and strip the #fragment when making http(s) requests via links
  in the pseudo-documents constructed for MAP elements. - FM & KW

That was before 2.8 so no problem expected in 2.8.1 also.
I suspect you deal with a broken server, not lynx http referer field
(unless you send us a trace log with HTTP request data as I did -
not all file but interesting lines only).