lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] sudden site access failure: realclearpolitics.com

From: Travis Siegel
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] sudden site access failure: realclearpolitics.com
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2021 20:20:01 -0500

(screen readers will have a tough time with this message, because lynx with a y and links with an I are sounding the same, so apologies in advance for any confusion).

Apparently it isn't the agent header, because on my softcon.com server, links works (as it does for you) but lynx does not.  Even when I tell lynx to mimic the useragent string sent by links.

Interesting enough, the first time I tried lynx with the links headers, I got a 408 error, which claimed the server took too long to respond, even though it only took a couple seconds to pop up.

I looked at the man pages for links, and I couldn't find anything that would account for the acceptance there and not on lynx. <shrug>