Re: Upcoming MediaGoblin minor release

From: Matt Connell
Subject: Re: Upcoming MediaGoblin minor release
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2020 16:50:55 +0200 (CEST)

I'd rather have a less attractive but bug-free experience.
Any thoughts on that?

As a user, not a dev, seconded. It can always be re-added down the line if a replacement library becomes available or if audiolab is updated.

I propose we pin all Python 2 dependencies to the
most recent working version. I propose we drop Python 2 in the next
major version.

Disclaimer, I don't use the Python 2 version of MG

This all sounds very reasonable to me. A band-aid for now, which should also ensure that the Python 2 version stays operational as long as possible.