Re: Upcoming MediaGoblin minor release

From: Ben Sturmfels
Subject: Re: Upcoming MediaGoblin minor release
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 18:37:56 +1000

On Fri, 24 Apr 2020, Ben Sturmfels wrote:

> On Wed, 15 Apr 2020, Ben Sturmfels wrote:
>
>> I'd like to aim for a minor release of MediaGoblin by April 30 (just
>> over two weeks).
>
> Just an update - I've now refined our list of tickets marked for the
> upcoming 0.10.0 release:
>
> https://issues.mediagoblin.org/milestone/0.10.0
>
> Newly completed include:
>
>  - Making "--with-python3" the default (use --without-python3 if needed)
>  - Updating docs to remove references to mediagoblin_local.ini
>  - Unmuting videos by default
>  - Removing references to FastCGI
>  - Fixing "KeyError: 'No such transport: sqlite...'"

I've now also disabled audio spectrograms on Python 2 and removed the
dependencies from the install docs. I've also updated our Dockerfiles
and dependencies to give us a clean test run on both Python 2 and 3. You
can test these with:

  $ docker build -t mediagoblin-python3 - < Dockerfile-debian-python3-sqlite --
  $ docker build -t mediagoblin-python2 - < Dockerfile-debian-python2-sqlite --

Remaining for the 0.10.0 release is:

 - Update docs for Debian 10 and Fedora 31 installation
 - Verify that the new subtitles feature is working
 - Pin current Python 2 dependencies at <= latest working version

Getting close now!

Ben