Installing Debian 10.3 Python3

From: andrew . dudash
Subject: Installing Debian 10.3 Python3
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 02:15:59 +0000

Hi all,

I've been working on creating an installation guide for Python3 on the latest
Debian 10.

Not sure when I'd finish this, so I'm putting it up. Maybe it will help someone?

(Also, which wiki should we be updating now? I think the plan was to switch
over to a GNU or FSF wiki, but none of the pages are there yet and page
creation permissions are a pain to get.)

# Core Dependencies.
apt-get update
apt-get install git-core python3 python3-dev virtualenv python3-virtualenv
build-essential autoconf curl python3-lxml python3-pil python3-setuptools
python3-pip

# GStreamer Dependencies
# Couldn't figure out how to disable gstreamer, so I just installed these.
apt-get install python3-gst-1.0
apt-get install gstreamer1.0-plugins-base gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad
gstreamer1.0-plugins-good gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly gstreamer1.0-libav

# Install Node
# The debian node packages were outdated, so I had to find a new link.
curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_12.x | bash -
apt-get install -y nodejs

# Build media goblin.
git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/mediagoblin.git
./bootstrap.sh
./configure --with-python3
make

# This replace the 'python -m setup.py install' I was trying to do.
# I think there's a development install command Ben did that does this a better
way?
pip3 $(echo "print(' '.join(install_requires))" | python3 -i setup.py)

# Initialize the database.
./bin/gmg dbupdate

# Run tests.
./runtests.sh