Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Support for Windows 95/98/ME? (was: Solving

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Support for Windows 95/98/ME? (was: Solving the Pthreads issue)
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 04:23:06 +1000

On 14 May 2010 03:32, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Martin Gerhardy <address@hidden> schrieb:
>> > However, I'm not sure about the quality of that nice patch,
>> > so asked on the GCC-patches mailing list (where this patch
>> > was initially proposed) for some clarification:
>> >
>> > http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2010-05/msg00904.html
>> >
>> > Let's hope we'll get a quick reply.
>>
>> For everyone who hasn't seen it yet - there is one reply already.
>
> The reply says that the patch is not necessary anymore.
> So there's no need to take action on our side. The issue
> is already solved in a clean way.

With some searching it seems a mix of adding -static -static-libgcc
-no-exceptions and removing -mthreads will remove the dependency. Most
of what I've seen is not definitive, but this

http://www.qtcentre.org/wiki/index.php?title=Building_static_Qt_on_Windows_with_MinGW

seems a good place to start.

Cheers,

Tony