[Mingw-cross-env-list] Next Release (was Separate build rules (was Re: M

From: Tony Theodore
Subject: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Next Release (was Separate build rules (was Re: Mingw64))
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 00:23:33 +1000

On 12 September 2011 09:16, Volker Grabsch <address@hidden> wrote:
> Martin Gerhardy schrieb:
>> > [...]
>> >
>> > It is quite amazing, and a testament to the design of Volker's
>> > Makefile - change a few lines and then spend time on the actual build
>> > issues. Can you imagine how much work this would be using the distro
>> > cross-compilers (Debian, Fedora, and OpenSuse all have them), or
>> > attempting native Windows builds (the usual "works for me" blog
>> > posts)?
> [...]
>>
>> any chance that you are willing to merge your mce-multi-target branch
>> with latest mingw-cross-env upstream?
>
> I'm sorry, this stuff is currently delayed because of me.
>
> I'll put some time into mingw-cross-env as soon as possible,
> solving this as well as other pending issues.

Hi Volker,

I also want to enable some gcc optimisations (cloog/ppl) and take some
of the learnings from the multi-target patch (gmake
target-specific-variables) and apply them to the positional variables
($(1) and $(2)) in the package *.mk files. These are independent of
any other changes, but would be better early in a release cycle.

I think the current tip is fairly stable and up-to-date, and now may
be a good time to start preparing for the next release? For me, there
are no open short-term issues or package updates (postgres 9.1 and qt
4.8 on the horizon).

Cheers,

Tony