Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Next Release (was Separate build rules (was R

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Next Release (was Separate build rules (was Re: Mingw64))
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 22:11:15 +0200

Tony Theodore schrieb:
> I think the current tip is fairly stable and up-to-date, and now may
> be a good time to start preparing for the next release? For me, there
> are no open short-term issues or package updates (postgres 9.1 and qt
> 4.8 on the horizon).

Thanks for proposing a new release. I agree that it is overdue.

However, my reason for not starting the release is because of
the outstanding issues. In particular, I'd like to include all
contributions (such as new packages) that happened so far. We
already postponed some of them in the last release, and I don't
want to postpone those again.

In other words, I'm withholding the release to force us (and especially
to force myself) to finish up the existing stuff.

Greets,
Volker

--
Volker Grabsch