Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Release 2.22

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Mingw-cross-env-list] Release 2.22
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 11:51:55 +0200

René Berber schrieb:
> On Thu, 12 Apr 2012, Volker Grabsch wrote:
> >
> >I'm declaring the Hg repository as dead. Please
> >don't commit anything there!
> [snip]
>
> What is the recommended upgrade procedure?
>
> Just do a "git pull" on top of the current "hg pull -u"? or keeping
> them separate and redo any changes?

I think the safest way is to checkout MXE in a separate
directory, and to apply your local changes there again.

A simple way to transfer your local changes is to run

    hg diff [...] > my-local-changes.patch

in your old directory, and to run

    patch -p1 < ../mingw-cross-env/my-local-changes.patch

in the new directory.

Maybe there's some more elegant way. Any advice from
some Git experts on this list?

I created the Git mirror via hg-fast-export, but that
tool doesn't allow me to transfer changes to a Git
repository not created by hg-fast-export. So while
this was a very comfortable way to transform the whole
repository, it's a bad choice to transfer your latest
local changes.

Regars,
Volker

--