[Mldonkey-users] Memory usage

From: Alexander Gretencord
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Memory usage
Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2002 19:01:38 +0200

Got a small problem, the router I run mldonkey on has not too much ram and
mldonkey takes up quite a bunch of it. Currently it's downloading with 6
connections and has 34 files in the list in total so nothing too special but
it already uses about 100Mb of RAM. Sometimes it's less, then it goes up
again. The comp got only 128Mb of RAM in total and is used for other things
too which suffer from this. Of course I could just limit mldonkey's ram usage
with ulimit but I don't know how well this works, what does mldonkey do when
it can't get more ram, I haven't tested this.

Is there an option or a combination of options that can limit mldonkey's ram
usage ? There are some options that look like mem settings (buffers) and I've
set some of them to lower values but this didn't help.

Alex

deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin