Re: [Mldonkey-users] Memory usage

From: roland
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Memory usage
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 12:54:30 +0200 (CEST)

Hi

>> Is there an option or a combination of options that can limit
>> mldonkey's ram  usage ? There are some options that look like mem
>> settings (buffers) and I've  set some of them to lower values but this
>> didn't help.
>
> The maximum number of sources per file defaults to 1000. That can add
> up to some ram.

I actually got my this weeks record today:

13858 donkey    10   0  241M 241M   728 R     0 30.3 63.8  2360m mldonkey

A usage more than 300M is a problem for me, as the kernel will begin to
swap all others away.
There should definitely an config-option in the upcoming mldonkey 2.00
which will control the maximum memory usage:
limit_memory_usage = 200M

or something would be great.

-Roland