[Monotone-devel] Re: Asking for passphrase early

From: Robert Bihlmeyer
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Asking for passphrase early
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 21:22:05 +0200

graydon hoare <address@hidden> writes:

> yes, this sounds good. I have filed a bug (#8459) to ask you for your
> passphrase 3 times.

Regardless, I'd really like the changelog message to not be deleted if
the commit fails for *any* reason.

Actually, what if a commit would always load the same file (say,
'++log' under the working copy's root) into the editor. First,
retrying a failed commit will automatically re-use the last log
message, which usually still applies. Second, this encourages writing
the log while you change the code rather than after the fact at commit
time.

--
Robbe