[Monotone-devel] Re: Pulled database is screwed up

From: graydon hoare
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Pulled database is screwed up
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 16:41:41 -0400

Peter Simons wrote:

  monotone: fetching heads of branch 'net.venge.monotone'
  monotone: misuse: no file version
      bdc25113d0241e760ca9c31d96b268e7ca366117 found in database
      for ABOUT-NLS

  **** error return code: 1
  ******** errors detected; see standard output for details ********

I've tried several times -- including running reindex --,
but the database seems to be incomplete.

the "delayed writes" code I recently committed should prevent such database states, but if you already have such a state (I see you have 700+ existing mcerts, so this is not starting from an empty database) there is currently no code to correct it.

perhaps I ought to write an "fsck" command which strips out any nonsense from your database. netsync is able to "build up" a sensible database state, and expand a sensible state into a larger sensible state, but it doesn't have the ability to remove nonsense at the moment. probably an fsck command would be a good idea, especially while we're still debugging it.

meantime, what happens if you do a pull from my server starting with an empty db on your end?

-graydon