[Monotone-devel] Re: Pulled database is screwed up

From: Peter Simons
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Pulled database is screwed up
Date: 14 Apr 2004 15:15:08 +0200

graydon hoare writes:

 > meantime, what happens if you do a pull from my server
 > starting with an empty db on your end?

Doesn't make a difference:

    $ monotone pull off.net net.venge.monotone
    monotone: warning: doing anonymous pull
    monotone: rebuilding merkle trees for collection net.venge.monotone
    monotone: connecting to off.net
    monotone: [bytes in: 2457439] [bytes out: 75978]
    monotone: read from fd 5 (peer off.net) failed, disconnecting

    $ monotone pull off.net net.venge.monotone
    monotone: warning: doing anonymous pull
    monotone: rebuilding merkle trees for collection net.venge.monotone
    monotone: [keys: 5] [mcerts: 768]
    monotone: connecting to off.net
    monotone: [bytes in: 194] [bytes out: 577]
    monotone: read from fd 5 (peer off.net) closed OK after goodbye

    $ monotone co new
    monotone: fetching heads of branch 'net.venge.monotone'
    monotone: misuse: no file version
        bdc25113d0241e760ca9c31d96b268e7ca366117 found in
        database for ABOUT-NLS

    **** error return code 1

This was done with a fresh database, latest Monotone
version.

Peter