Re: [Monotone-devel] slow update/status on NFS

From: Daniel Carosone
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] slow update/status on NFS
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 13:13:30 +1000

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 08:46:20PM -0600, Derek Scherger wrote:
> Hrm, or is it a *workspace* that's on that filer?

I presume it's the workspace, given we're talking about stat's of
files in the workspace.

> That also sounds like something that would be better on a local disk
> but I can imagine various corporate policies that would require it
> be on the filer.

Not just policies. It depends on your usage. I've had several projects
where team members collaborate directly, with local workspaces and
databases, and I "publish" a workspace on a corporate fileshare, for
wider review and feedback for those without monotone (as well as as a
nod to the backup policy).  I'd update that each day or so (and often
run into file locking issues, but that's another story).

--
Dan.