Re: [Monotone-devel] slow update/status on NFS

From: Benoît Dejean
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] slow update/status on NFS
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 20:16:26 +0200

Le lundi 28 mai 2007 à 20:05 -0700, Justin Patrin a écrit :
> On 5/28/07, Derek Scherger <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Justin Patrin wrote:
> > Hrm, or is it a *workspace* that's on that filer? That also sounds like
> > something that would be better on a local disk but I can imagine various
> > corporate policies that would require it be on the filer.
> >

> I can't imagine one that doesn't include some kind of petty "all your
> data is belong to us" kind of policy. This defeats the purpose of a
> distributed system by forcing you to put *all* of your files on a
> central server...what a pain.

This is not about property this is about safety and security. There are
obviously many filers in the company. The one i'm using with monotone is
far from me but close to the servers which push files to it. I then
manage, track, deal with duplicates with monotone from my desktop.

And mtn makes my work very easy. With a bunch of ruby scripts, i have
setup the perfect file tracking tool for my special purpose.
--
Benoît Dejean
GNOME http://www.gnomefr.org/