Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone - A couple quick notes

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone - A couple quick notes
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 02:00:13 +0100

Am 24.02.11 08:43, schrieb Stephen Leake:
> Thomas Keller <address@hidden> writes:
>> Saying `mtn help <cmd>` is just one way, another is the `--help` (or
>> short `-h`) option which can be put anywhere, also at the end of the
>> command sequence.
>
> Cool! I never realized that. I've added a short mention of this in the
> manual.

Thanks! By the way - the --help option is no different from any other
option, so it not only can be placed up front or at the very end, but
also in the middle of a command (as long as its before `--` which stops
option parsing), so something like `mtn ls --help changed` is possible
as well, though probably not that useful.

> The manual could be clearer about this; globally unique names are not
> _required_, they are just a good idea.
> [...]
> I've improved the section on branch names with this.

Looks good, many thanks!

Thomas.