[Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone - A couple quick notes

From: Thomas Keller
Subject: [Monotone-devel] Re: Monotone - A couple quick notes
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 23:38:47 +0100

Hi John!

At first - please consider subscribing to monotone-users [0] or
monotone-devel [1], you reach a much bigger audience with that. The
former is also rather low-volume, in case you care. Thanks!

Am 27.02.11 16:03, schrieb John B Thiel:
> New problem:  since the default auto-managed database was made, seems
> I cannot get --db to recognize other databases.  It keeps defaulting
> to the auto one. I seem to recall that I was able to work with a
> target --db initially (before the one in AppData was made.)
>
> For example:  Here it works to setup into my foo.mtn repository, but
> then I cannot list it.  Maybe it's just a problem with list, since the
> setup does put the right directory in the _MTN\options file.
>
> C:\Users\jbthiel\wkspaceEclipseTest\_junk\fp201HaskProj>mtn --db
> c:\Users\jbthiel\foo.mtn setup --branch fp201 .  -v
> [...]
> C:\Users\jbthiel\wkspaceEclipseTest\_junk\fp201HaskProj>mtn --db
> C:\Users\jbthiel\foo.mtn list db
> :default.mtn (in C:/Users/jbthiel/AppData/Roaming/monotone/databases):
>         no known valid workspaces

Up until 0.99.1 only managed databases store their workspaces - this
will change in the next version. The `list databases` command also
actually does not use the global --db option at all, so it is not
needed. Furthermore, to get foo.mtn displayed in the output of `list
databases`, the database must reside in a managed path. And this can be
configured through the hook get_default_database_locations(), which
defaults to $HOME/.monotone/databases.

Hope this helps,
Thomas.