nano-devel

Re: [Nano-devel] search history

From: Chris Allegretta
Subject: Re: [Nano-devel] search history
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 04:52:07 -0700

On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 05:06:32PM +1000, Ken Tyler wrote:

> On Tue, 22 Oct 2002, Chris Allegretta wrote:
>
> > Hmm, I looked again and didn't find the patch.  Was this when the
> > list was down?
>
> I think it the lists was backup, it's in my sent mail FWIW.
>
> Attached are the diffs and what I've changed and what's still to be done.
>
> The patch contains the fix for ngettext with glibc < 2.2 and the fix to
> stop nano freezing on a bad regexp in .nonorc.  Both were posted here.
>
> Not yet updated the prompt to be like you suggest or made history
> available in pico, doing the pico part needs careful work around
> search_init()'s statusq call, but have a play and see what you think.
>
> Ken.

Okay, well I was hoping to have more time to do something with your
patch, but I really like what I see.  I was able to make it cycle back
through when reaching the end or beginnig of the history list, which
could well be all the functionality we need.  I like how unobtrusive it
is.  The question becomes whether to implement what I proposed in my
earlier mail (and well in the past).  I guess the question comes down to
whether people who use the current non-pico search behavior want to hit
<down arrow> two times to start with a blank line.  Hmm.

Chris A
--
Chris Allegretta        http://www.asty.org

"Share and Enjoy" - Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001